CISCO - QSFP+ TRANSCEIVER MODULE - 40 GIGABIT ETHERNET
Availability: In Stock
The Cisco 40GBASE-SR4 QSFP Modules support link lengths of 100 meters and 150 meters, respectively, on laser-optimized OM3 and OM4 multimode fibers. It primarily enables high-bandwidth 40G optical links over 12-fiber parallel fiber terminated with MPO/MTP multifiber female connectors. It can also be used in a 4x10G mode for interoperability with 10GBASE-SR interfaces up to 100 and 150 meters on OM3 and OM4 fibers, respectively. The worry-free 4x10G mode operation is enabled by the optimization of the transmit and receive optical characteristics of the Cisco QSFP-40G-SR4 to prevent receiver overload or unnecessary triggering of alarm thresholds on the 10GBASE-SR receiver, and at the same time is completely interoperable with all standard 40GBASE-SR4 interfaces.
The 4x10G connectivity is achieved using an external 12-fiber parallel to 2-fiber duplex breakout cable, which connects the 40GBASE-SR4 module to four 10GBASE-SR optical interfaces. Cisco QSFP-40G-SR4 is optimized to guarantee interoperability with any IEEE 40GBase-SR4 and 10GBase-SR (in 4x10G mode).
● Hot-swappable input/output device that plugs into a 40 Gigabit Ethernet Cisco QSFP port
● Interoperable with other IEEE-compliant 40GBASE interfaces where applicable
● Certified and tested on Cisco QSFP 40G ports for superior performance, quality, and reliability
● High-speed electrical interface compliant to the IEEE 802.3ba standard
● QSFP Form factor, 2-wire I2C communication interface and other low-speed electrical interface compliant to SFF 8436 and QSFP Multisource Agreement (MSA)